Thursday, 10 January 2013

The start of Term 3 - 2013

On Tuesday 8th January we started back at school. The first thing we did was have our Entry Point assembly. Here the topic for the term was unveiled. This term we will be looking at 'Adaptability' across the different subjects.

The Entry Point challenge was set. Students were challenged to spend the day with one hand tied behind their backs, to see what difficulties they would face and how they would need to adapt.

Below are some comments from the tutor group about how they found it:

Adam - It was hard to play the guitar... I tried, but couldn't do it.
Lauren - To play the guitar, you could try using your foot!!
Max - It was quite hard to do PE. In some activities we had to use two hands for safety reasons... However, if we practised we would get used to it
James - When I was playing badminton, I managed to play with one hand by throwing the shuttlecock up with one and serving with the same one.
Cecily - It was hard to tie my shoelace. Charlotte and I tried to do it by working together. However, we still couldn't do it.. A solution might be...to get velcro shoes (Charlotte)
Izzy S - Hard to change in PE.

No comments:

Post a Comment