Abbeyfield School is officially CLOSED to all students (except those taking exams) today Friday 18th January 2013 due to adverse weather conditions - Mr Nicholson has just confirmed:
School closed except for public examination candidates Friday 18 January 2013
After assessing the current weather situation, and the up to date forecast for this morning, in consultation with the other schools in Chippenham, I have made the decision to close the school today. This is due the extremely hazardous conditions for the travel to school period and because the forecast heavy snow would make it impossible to keep the site safe for staff and pupils.
I am also concerned that, in worsening weather conditions, if school was open students may not then be able to get home safely.
I know that closing the school has a significant impact on parents, and I do not make this decision lightly, but the students' safety to me is paramount.
The students taking public examinations should come to school as advised. Our site staff will try to keep a path clear from that entrance to the Main Reception, but please take extreme care.
Arrangements have been made to clear the snow once it has stopped in anticipation of opening again on Monday, however if there are any changes I will let you know on the website.
D. Nicholson
Hopefully see you on Monday. If you take some good snow pictures, email them to me djd@abbeyfield.wilts.sch.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment